HEINZMANN develops, produces and distributes all components for conventional fuel injection such as governors, actuators and sensors. Depending on application, they provide the necessary control, protection and monitoring functions. In diesel-electric locomotives, they take over speed control of the prime mover as well as load control of the generator (AD/DC). This ensures maximum traction efficiency with variable excitation control.
- Adjustable start fuel limitation
- Speed set-point as a notch position, CAN bus, voltage or current signals
- Speed and excitation ramps for smooth range transition
- Adjustable PID maps for optimisation of engine dynamic at all operation points
- Various limiting function e.g. engine speed or/and boost pressure dependant.
- Extended engine monitoring and safety
- Engine protection